One of the concerns I hear so often is that you don’t know what to write on your blog. The idea of sharing ideas with your readers on a consistent basis can seem daunting when you haven’t done it. You never struggle with what to say when you’re talking with a customer or client though, right? You talk casually. You have fun. You share ideas. You answer their questions. It’s all very natural.
Your blog is the same. It’s very natural. It’s just a different format. If you’d grown up in the 1800′s, the idea of talking to someone on the phone would have been strange indeed. If you grew up in one of the past few generations, having a cell phone you can carry around in your pocket…strange indeed. We don’t think twice about these things now. Your blog is the same.
Brainstorm out some ideas to share with people, and before you know it you’ll find you have more to share with people than you ever thought possible. You have more value to give than you think. I promise :-)
Here’s a quick list of blog post ideas to get you started. Please take these and use them as you see fit:
- Video or written review of the your favorite tools you use in your business.
- Talk about a book you’ve read that relates to your industry and what you’ve learned.
- Share your thoughts on an article or blog post you’ve read.
- Predict where your industry is headed and share why you feel that way.
- Describe something specific you do in your business that sets you apart, and share how you came to do it that way.
- Share a problem with your industry or a concern you have about the market.
- Share testimonials and case studies. Has a client taken your advice recently and had great results?
- Give a step-by-step system for how to accomplish a specific result in a specific amount of time.
- Video and/or pictures of your office, your team, your family, your town, your hangouts, etc.
- Showcase a member of your team or one of your favorite clients.
- Rave about your favorite blog, magazine or writer. Share what you love about them and thank them for helping you.
- Share something you’ve learned lately? What are you doing differently now than you were this time last year?
- Have you responded to an inquiry from one of your customers or clients lately? If one person has that question, it’s likely others do too.
- Have you ever made a mistake? Share the details and what you’ve learned.
- Do you consistently see clients or customers making the same type of mistakes? Identify a common mistake and educate your readers to save them a bit of heartache and hassle.
- Share why you love your business. What motivates and excites you about doing what you do? What got you into your business to begin with?
- Share your to-do list. What are your 5 biggest goals in your business in the next year? Where are you going? Get your readers involved.
- Publish your reading list. What do you have on your list to read that will motivate, inspire or educate you?
- Ask your Facebook friends a question, and share the feedback you get.
- Interview someone in your industry. Post the audio or video as well as a transcribed version on your blog. This is a great way to educate your readers, yourself and meet awesome people all at the same time :-)